There’s nothing better than curling up with a nice bowl of popcorn to watch a movie with your loved ones, but we’ve added a little chocolatey cherry goodness to the mix.
The fun thing about these, is that you can make them all year long. Switch up the shape, and they can work for all your pink/red holiday festivities.
I love making these for the Fourth of July and making them into stars. This is also a fun recipe to get the kids involved in.
Could I use marshmallow cream instead of marshmallows?
We have never tried making this recipe using marshmallow cream, instead of marshmallows. You will probably need to melt the marshmallow cream, just like you do the marshmallows, which may effect the amount of melted mallows needed.
You may need a second jar of marshmallow cream, to make sure that all the popcorn is covered. You can have extra cream, but you don’t want to have too little, or else they won’t stick together.
One pound of marshmallows?
One pound of marshmallows may seem like a lot, but it’ actually a 16 oz bag. This recipe will work if you use mini marshmallows, or large roasting ones.
Just as long as you have 16 ounces of marshmallows, it will work perfectly.
Watch how to make another cherry chocolate dessert recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
Watch our little ones in the kitchen, as they make a simple and delicious favorite, Chocolate Covered Cherries, here:
Looking for more cherry inspired recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Chocolate Cherry Chunk Brownies
- Cherry Pie Bars
- Puff Pastry Cherry Turnovers
- Bite Size Cherry Pies
- Cherry Chocolate Nut Bars
Chocolate Cherry Heart Bouquets Recipe
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 1 ½ cups dried cherries
- 16 ounces mini marshmallows
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 4 drops red food coloring
- Mix popcorn and cherries in a large bowl.
- In a large saucepan, cook marshmallows, white chocolate, and butter on low heat until melted and smooth.
- Stir in a few drops of red food coloring to tint the mixture pink.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn and cherries; toss gently until well coated.
- With wet or buttered hands (I sprayed mine lightly with cooking spray), shape mixture into 3 1/2 to 4 inch hearts. You can use a cookie cutter to help shape them, or do it by hand.
- Insert a lollipop stick in the base of each heart. Place on the wax paper to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate chips and drizzle it over the hearts. They look cute wrapped in cellophane and tied with ribbon, or standing up in a vase or jar as a candy bouquet!
Check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!