Whether it’s breakfast for dinner, or breakfast for breakfast, this pizza needs to be a part of your life. It is so easy to throw together, and tastes absolutely amazing.
On Sunday, we love getting together, and making a huge breakfast.
When we were growing up, my dad would usually whip up some pancakes or waffles for breakfast – topped with bananas, chocolate chips, peanut butter – whatever he could think of to get us to like it.
Even after all that work, most of the sisters would end up eating cold cereal. My favorite way to start the day was with a big bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
My taste buds have finally stared to mature at the ripe ol’ age of 29 and I have expanded my breakfast menu choices.
This pizza is not only perfect for a Mother’s Day brunch (hint hint), but makes a great dinner too. Let the kids get involved by picking their own pizza toppings and help you put them on the pizza.
what other meat would be good in this?
Have you seen the Office episode where Michael Scott burns his foot on the George Foreman Grill, because he likes to wake up to the smell of crackling bacon?
I feel him. Because there is no better breakfast meat out there. I do love sausage, but any breakfast meat, or meat for that matter, would be delicious in this breakfast pizza.
We used sausage in this recipe, but if you are looking to switch it up, here are a few other meats that would taste delicious on this grilled cheese melt:
- ground turkey
- turkey sausage
- beef sausage
- pork sausage
- turkey bacon
- Canadian bacon
You could also make it without meat, but my husband has converted me to be a carnivore at every meal. I love the meats.
how do i keep the eggs from running off?
This breakfast pizza is absolutely delicious with eggs. However, they tend to slide or roll off a little. I like to poke holes in the dough of my pizza crust, to better help the eggs stay on the dough, and absorb into it a little.
Have a sweet tooth? Our Caramel Pull Apart Monkey Bread is the perfect sweet breakfast recipe to go with a savory breakfast! Get the recipe HERE.
Easy breakfast recipes:
- Scrambled Egg Stuffed Waffles
- Buttermilk Oatmeal Muffins
- Cinnamon Chip Scones
- Homemade Lemon Pull Apart Bread
- 100% Whole Wheat Pancakes
Easy Breakfast Pizza Recipe
- 13.8 ounces refrigerated pizza dough
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup ham cooked and diced
- 1 cup sausage cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup green bell pepper diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper diced
- ½ cup onion diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a 15x10x1" baking sheet (cookie sheet), roll out your pizza dough. With your fingertips, make small indentations in the dough (this helps the eggs settle and cook more evenly).
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs and the milk, then using a pastry brush, brush the egg over the crust. Top with ham, sausage, cheese, and vegetables. I usually sprinkle a little bit of salt and pepper and then some garlic salt to add a little more flavor (but you can use whatever toppings and seasonings you like!).
- Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes (mine cooked in about 13 minutes - just make sure that the egg is completely cooked and that your dough is done).
- Remove from oven, slice, and serve.
- Baking Sheet
- Small Mixing Bowl
Recipe adapted from Food.com.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
These Frozen Breakfast Burritos are so easy to throw together and taste absolutely amazing. They only require a few simple ingredients, and are great for busy mornings. Watch how easy they are to make, here: