Chocolate and Strawberry are the perfect combo. Add that with delicious chocolate cake waffles and fresh strawberries.
This cake will definitely be showing up at your next party. It’s so delicious and our family went crazy over it. This recipe makes 2 waffle cakes, so it definitely feeds a crowd, and is so easy to make.
If you are not a waffle fan, don’t worry, because this honestly tastes like cake, and not waffles. It is so easy to make and is full of amazing flavor. You will love this simple and delicious Chocolate Strawberry Waffle Cake.
How to cook it perfectly:
Waffles can be a hard thing for some people to cook, because they are either over cooking them, or undercooking them. It can be a fine line.
However, here are some trick to make the perfect cooked waffle:
- A lot of it can depend on your waffle maker. If you are using an old rusted waffle maker, it may be difficult to get them out clean. We recommend a clean waffle maker, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- One of the biggest mistakes you could make is to check the waffle partway through, to see if it is done. Doing this will totally ruin the heat ratio. It’s just like when you open the lid of a slow cooker when it’s cooking. Don’t do it. It will totally mess with the temperature and the food.
- Most waffle irons now days, have a built in timer, and a light will pop on when the waffle is done. However, if your doesn’t have the light. You can always check the steam of the waffle. Once you no longer see any steam rising from the waffle, you know that the waffle is done cooking, and that’s when it is complete.
- Remember the first waffle is always the practice waffle. Don’t feel bad if the first one is a fail. If it is soggy, add a little more dry. If it’s dry, we recommend adding a splash of buttermilk.
Watch how to make another one of our favorite cakes, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
Our AMAZING Reese’s Peanut Butter Poke Cake, is exactly that: amazing. Watch how to make it, here:
Looking for more chocolate cake recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Snicker’s Cake
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake
- Double Chocolate Pound Cake
- World’s Best Chocolate Cake
- One Bowl Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Strawberry Waffle Cake Recipe
- 15.25 ounces chocolate cake mix
- 1 ¼ cups water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups diced strawberries for cream filling
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 4 Tablespoons instant vanilla pudding
- 4 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons butter melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa
- 1 ⅓ cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1.55 ounce Hershey chocolate bar grated for topping
- 1 ½ cups sliced strawberries for top of cake
- Mix the cake mix with eggs, vegetable oil and water as directed on the cake mix box. Heat your waffle iron and lightly spray with non stick cooking spray. I used a Belgian Waffle maker. Use 1/2 cup of batter for each waffle. They don't take long to cook. Remove and let cool. This will make 6 full waffles when you use 1/2 cup batter for each waffle.
- While the waffles are cooling, mix together the whipping cream, pudding mix and powdered sugar and beat until thick. Then add 1 1/2 cups diced strawberries. Divide the whipping cream mixture into two separate bowls.
- Put a waffle on a plate. Use one bowl of whipped topping mixture for each cake. With one of the bowls top the waffle with 1/3 of the whipping cream, then place another waffle on top, then add whipping cream, add another waffle, then top with the last of the whipping cream.
- Make the frosting by mixing together butter, vanilla, cocoa, powdered sugar and milk. Beat until well blended. If too runny, add a little more powdered sugar. Or if too thick and a little milk until you get to desired consistency.
- Carefully spread the frosting over both cakes. Decorate with sliced strawberries and then sprinkle with grated chocolate curls.
- Mixing Bowl
- Waffle Iron
Recipe idea from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
Check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!