One of my favorite recipes we have on our site is our Root Beer Float Cookies. I feel like they are so unique and SO delicious (speaking as a die-hard root beer fan!). I had to bring cake to an event, so I decided to spin off our Root Beer Float Cookies and make this delicious Root Beer Float CAKE! It was so simple (that’s how we like to do things around here!), but it was a huge hit.
Root Beer Float Bundt Cake Recipe
- 1 15.25 ounce yellow cake mix
- 1 cup rootbeer
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1½ Tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon rootbeer extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10" bundt pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine yellow cake mix, root beer, vegetable oil, and eggs until smooth, and pour into bundt pan.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven and let it cool for about 20 minutes, and then flip it over onto a wire cooling rack and tap it out of the bundt cake pan. Let it cool completely before frosting.
- Pour all ingredients into a medium mixing bowl and beat together until smooth. You can add more powdered sugar for a thicker texture, or more milk if you'd like your frosting a little thinner.