Our kids are back in the kitchen sharing this fun and easy snack idea: Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods.
To our kids, taking pictures of your food and talking about each step as you make it is normal to them . . . ha ha! It’s how life is when your moms are bloggers.
So each Thursday, we will be sharing a recipe and video on our YouTube channel that the kids make themselves. They are pretty hilarious and way cuter than we are, so we hope you enjoy.
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel so that you don’t miss a single recipe these cute kids put together.
cooking with little ones in the kitchen:
They are learning some life long skills in the kitchen baking with us, and it’s also fun memories that I am sure we will laugh about in the years to come.
If you have little ones that love to cook. this is a simple and fun recipe to make with them. Plus, the memories you will make in the kitchen with them are most important.
It’s also a great time to talk and get to know them, as well as teach healthy body and eating habits they can carry with them for the rest of their lives.
This recipe isn’t necessarily healthy, but moderation in all things, right?
Watch them make them right here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Looking for more Chocolate desserts? here are a few of our favorites:
- Copycat Wendy’s Chocolate Frosty
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Frozen Chocolate and Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- Chocolate Cherry Chunk Brownies
Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods Recipe
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (can also milk chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 16 pretzel rods
- ¼ cup sprinkles optional
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper.
- Place 1 cup chips and vegetable oil in small microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 45 seconds;stir. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted and smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate into a tall drinking glass (this is optional, but we found that it made dipping the rods so much easier for kids!).
- Dip pretzel rods about 3 inches into melted chocolate. Use side of glass to remove excess. If desired, sprinkle with sprinkles and place on prepared baking sheet. Let pretzels cool until chocolate is set. Store in airtight container at room temperature.