Growing up, I was never a fan of coconut – but as I have gotten older (and wiser), I seriously put it in everything! These Almond Joy bars have a delicious graham cracker crust, creamy coconut filling, and a chocolaty-almond topping. They are absolutely divine – and they are best served with a glass of ice-cold milk. 😉
If you like these Almond Joy bars, you are sure to love our Homemade big hunk candy bars. they are better than the childhood favorite treat!
ALMOND JOY BARS RECIPE
- 2 cups graham crackers finely crushed
- ½ cup butter melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup almonds chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine crushed graham crackers, melted butter, and sugar.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 9x9-inch pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Combine the coconut and condensed milk. Spread over the baked crust, and return to the oven for 15 more minutes, or until coconut starts to brown.
- Melt the chocolate chips and pour them on top.
- Before the chocolate chips harden, sprinkle your almonds on top.
- Let cool and serve.