I was so afraid to cook with Chorizo…because what is Chorizo anyway?! Turns out, it’s a delicious sausage that’s easy to cook and packs a delicious punch to any recipe, including this Mexican Frittata!
So strap on your sandals and head south of the border with me for this tasty breakfast frittata.
Mexican Frittata Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 Russet potatoes peeled and diced
- ½ pound chorizo
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large pan, saute onion, potatoes and chorizo in olive oil over medium heat until potatoes are soft and meat is cooked through (about 15 minutes). Add in red and green pepper and saute for an additional 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the 12 eggs and then add in cheese and salt and pepper. Pour potato mixture into the egg mixture and stir until completely combined.
- Spray a large oven-proof skillet (I used this 10 cast iron skillet ) with non-stick cooking spray, and pour in egg and potato mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until eggs are set up. Serve warm with salsa or hot sauce.