What flavor of cake mix works best for this recipe?
For this particular recipe, you could use a Vanilla, White, or Yellow Cake mix. I like the look of Yellow Cake mix with this recipe, the most, but really any cake mix would work well.
If you are a huge chocolate lover, you could even use a chocolate or devils food cake mix, and use this recipe.
Could I use cook and serve pudding for this recipe, instead of instant?
For this recipe, we have only used it, making instant pudding. You could try making the cook and serve pudding, but you will want to be sure it cools completely, and you follow the directions on the box, very carefully.
We highly recommend instant, but we do think that cooke and serve would also work.
Watch how to make another one of our favorite chocolate dessert recipes, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
This No Bake Eclair Cake is light and rich and the same time. It is so rich and creamy, you won’t be able to resist. Plus that chocolate layer on top, really adds to the chocolatey goodness. It really is like an eclair in cake form.
Watch how to make this recipe, here:
Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes Recipe
- 15.25 ounces yellow cake mix
- 3.4 ounces French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 12 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
- Make cupcakes according to directions on box. We have used a yellow cake mix and French vanilla cake mix for the cupcake part. Both flavors of cake mix taste great for the cupcakes.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl mix together pudding, cream, powdered sugar, milk, and sour cream. Beat on medium speed until stuff peaks form.
- Cut each cupcake in half and add a dollop of filling. Put top back on cupcake.
- Heat cream in sauce pan until it comes to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Dump chocolate chips into a mixing bowl and pour heated whipping cream over chocolate.
- Stir to mix together. Let cool slightly.
- Frost each cupcake with a layer of ganache.
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Muffin Tin
- Mixing Bowl
- Hand mixer
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram |Facebook |Pinterest | YouTube
Check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Questions & Reviews
I just wanted to let you know I awarded you the versatile blog award. Congratulations! To accept just go and check out what you have to do here
make sure to have a look around while you are there and don't hesitate to say hi
Thanks for being amazing!
These look awesome=I am making them for Thanksgiving dessert!
I have 2 questions: Can I make them a day ahead of time? How should they be stored? Well, 3. Do you have a trick for transporting them?
Thank a lot for sharing your recipe!
Good luck! I hope that they work out for Thanksgiving! :)
I whipped the pudding a tad longer to keep them from getting gooey and soggy.
Also, with no time to get a cupcake holder, 12 cupcakes fit perfectly in a 13x9 baking pan-perfect for transporting.
Thanks again for the recipe-it's a keeper!
I take a serving spoon, fill it with the ganache and pour it in the center of the cupcake. I'll use the spoon to slightly spread it around and let it cool. Hope that helps! :)
Thank you. I was wondering why this wasn't done in the first place to save the mess!
I am going to make another half a batch and take them to neighbors. I can use the ganache and cream filling recipe for other things too.