I am a sweetened condensed milk lover. I seriously eat it with a spoon. When I see a recipe with sweetened condensed milk in it, I have to try it.
My best friend actually showed this recipe to me, and I had to make it myself. I could not get enough. Not only does it have sweetened condensed milk, it has a graham cracker crust.
Needless to say, this is probably the best dessert ever. I fell in love at first bite. It’s so creamy and delicious. And the best part is, it’s served cold, so it’s perfect for the hot summer (but let’s be honest, I’ll eat it year round).
If you are needing a quick sweet tooth fix, this recipe is perfect for you. You won’t believe how simple it is to make.
why is it called banoffee Pie?
This pie is made with caramel (you could say toffee) and bananas. Combined, they kind of make a new word: “Banoffee.”
It’s extremely delicious and full of sweet flavor. It’s the perfect combination.
what other fruit would be good with this?
I am a huge banana lover, but can only really eat the first half of the banana, then I kind of get a little bit sick of them.
This recipe is also delicious with other fruit as well.
Here are a few we recommend trying:
- Apples (I like gala or granny smith apples, sliced without the skin on).
It is also good with non fruit items such as:
- Oreo Cookies (both chocolate and vanilla)
- Candy Bar Bits (we like Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Snickers, Hershey with Almonds, Butterfingers candy bars crushed up, etc.).
- Peanuts or nut of choice
- Chocolate Drizzle (you could also use chocolate shell that you put on ice cream).
- Mini Marshmallows
wait to open the can of the sweetened condensed Milk:
I made a giant mistake by checking on the sweetened condensed milk can, shortly after I boiled it.
Burned my hand quite badly. I now recommend waiting about 7-8 hours, if not an entire 24 before opening up the can of sweetened condensed milk.
There is a lot of built up pressure in that bad boy, and it will squirt out a little when you open it. Be sure the can is completely cool before opening it. Even if it is only warm, the caramel could still be hot.
watch how to make another simple delicious pie, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
I am a huge Key Lime Pie fan. This recipe literally takes 5 minutes from start to finish. It is so easy to make, and tastes amazing. Watch how simple it is, here:
looking for more pie recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
- No Bake Banana Cream Pie Cake
- Key Lime Pie Fudge
- Blueberry Pie Bars
- Chocolate Chess Pie
- The Best Dutch Apple Pie
Banoffee Pie Recipe
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1½ cups graham crackers finely crushed
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 28 ounces sweetened condensed milk 2 (14 ounce cans), use brand with a pop top lid
- 1 container of whipped topping
- bananas for topping optional
Graham Cracker Crust
- In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar.
- Mix until well combined.
- Spread in an 8 inch pie tin that has been lightly greased.
- Bake pie crust for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Place the two unopened cans of sweetened condensed milk in a pot and cover completely with water.
- Place the lid on top of the pot, and bring to a boil.
- Boil the can's in the water for 3 hours on medium high heat.
- Be sure they are completely covered with water for the whole 3 hours.
- Check on them occasionally and add water if needed. (Weird I know. The paper on the can will fall off, or you can take it off ahead of time. I took mine off ahead of time so I wouldn't have to deal with the mess.)
- Drain the water, and take out the cans wearing hot pads. The cans are extremely hot.
- Open the can's and poor them on top of the graham cracker crust. (Cans will be hot, and they have built up pressure so they will pop when you open them! Open with something covering your hands so you don't get burned! We used oven mitts and pliers to open the pop top lid. The caramel inside can squirt out and is very hot, so open it facing away from you).
- If you would like, you can slice banana's and put them on top of the caramelized sweetened condensed milk, then put whipped topping on top of that. (I like it without banana's but if you need to sneak some fruit in for your kids, this is a sneaky and delicious way to do it).
- Whipped topping and bananas not included in nutritional information
- Mixing Bowl
- 8 inch pie tin
- big pot
- hot pads
Never Miss Another Six Sisters’ Recipe Again:
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram |Facebook |Pinterest | YouTube
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!
Questions & Reviews