New year, new me. Right? That’s what I tell myself every year. I just have a sweet tooth that’s the entire size of my body. Every part of me craves sugar and needs it.
If only there is a way to eat healthy, and still satisfy your sweet tooth without destroying your clean eating. Oh wait, there is. These mini lemon cakes are the perfect light dessert, for people trying to eat a little better.
We have been working hard to stay within our daily calorie count and getting our bodies into motion. Every now and then we reward ourselves with a lighter dessert.
This mini lemon cake recipe is the perfect dessert with lower calories. It’s so moist and bursting with zesty lemon flavor. You will love these cute little cakes.
could i use a replacement flour to make this recipe?
For this recipe, we do still use all purpose flour. You of course do not have to make it using all purpose flour, but we do recommend it for the best flavor.
I get it isn’t the most healthy option, but you do need to treat yourself every once in a while.
If you want to switch out the flour for almond, coconut, or whole wheat flour, you definitely could. However, the taste and texture will be completely different with any of those replacements.
For the best results, taste and texture, we recommend sticking to the recipe and using all purpose flour.
could i use greek yogurt instead?
For this recipe, we used a light yogurt, that was not greek. However, you could definitely use Greek yogurt. We recommend using vanilla, plain, or lemon. You could also just add a little lemon juice or extract to it, to get it more of a lemon flavor.
The main thing we were looking for as we were checking yogurt was flavor and no sugar. The Yoplait yogurt listed in the instructions is delicious, but you could replace it, very easily.
Greek yogurt is a great and healthy alternative to other yogurt. It is also usually has less sugar, but you could always double check this at the store to be sure.
watch how to make another delicious summer recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
This Mandarin Orange Pretzel Jello Salad is a hit at every family party. It is so easy to make and tastes absolutely amazing. Watch how easy it is to make, here:
Looking for more delicious lemon recipes? Here are a few of our favorite:
Light Lemon Mini Cakes Recipe
- 1½ cups flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon peel
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice (juice from 2 lemons)
- 6 ounces yoplait light yogurt (Lemon Cream Pie flavor)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease 8 fluted tube muffin cups with cooking spray or shortening (or 12 regular size cupcake cups). In a medium bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat remaining ingredients with a whisk until well blended. Gradually add in flour mixture and stir in until well combined and batter is fluffy. Divide batter evenly among 8 fluted muffin cups.
- Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan 2 minutes. If necessary, loosen sides of cake around the edge with a small paring knife. Turn upside down and gently remove from the tin and let cool.
- If you want to switch out the flour for almond, coconut, or whole wheat flour, you definitely could. However, the taste and texture will be completely different with any of those replacements.
- Fluted tube Muffin Tin
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Mixing Bowl
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram |Facebook |Pinterest | YouTube
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!
Questions & Reviews