There are few things I love more than a juicy, grilled chicken breast. Now that it’s freezing, I’m having major grilling withdrawals! Most of my favorite chicken recipes are grilled, but this baked chicken recipe may have landed itself in our top 5 favorite chicken recipes of all time! The chicken is so flavorful and the sauce is amazing!
Baked Lemon Chicken with Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 lemons divided
- ¼ cup butter
- 16 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms 1 package
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pour and spread olive oil in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Place chicken breasts in the dish and coat each side with oil.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the chicken.
- Slice the remaining lemon and place lemon slices on top of chicken.
- Bake chicken to 30-40 minutes, or until no longer pink. Remove and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add mushrooms and saute for 5-6 minutes or until mushrooms turn brown and soft.
- Add garlic and saute for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over mushrooms and stir until coated.
- Stir in chicken broth until a medium-thick sauce forms. Continue stirring for another minute or until sauce is completely heated through.
- Serve chicken over rice and pour sauce on top.
- 9x13 Inch Baking Dish
- Large Skillet