My favorite tradition around this time of year is coloring Easter eggs! Every year our mom would boil a few dozen eggs for the whole family to decorate. We would write on the eggs with white crayons and dye them till our fingers were stained. We always had such a hard time eating all of the eggs afterwards so we had to get creative! One of my favorite ways to eat them were these Avocado Deviled Eggs. They are just as easy as normal deviled eggs but have such a great flavor!
AVOCADO DEVILED EGGS RECIPE
Avocado Deviled Eggs are a delicious way to eat all of your hard boiled eggs this Easter!
- 6 eggs hardboiled and peeled
- 1 large avocado
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro minced
- 1 Tablespoon red onion minced
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cut your eggs in half horizontally, removing the yolks and placing 4 of them in a separate bowl. You can discard the extra two.
- Arrange egg whites on a plate.
- Combine Avocado, lime juice, cilantro, red onion, garlic salt, and salt, with the egg yolks and mash until completely blended.
- Scoop one spoonful of avocado mixture and place into hole of each egg white.
- You can top with a little chili powder for some color, serve and enjoy!
Calories: 59 kcal · Carbohydrates: 2 g · Protein: 3 g · Fat: 5 g · Saturated Fat: 1 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 82 mg · Sodium: 226 mg · Potassium: 114 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 1 g · Vitamin A: 145 IU · Vitamin C: 2 mg · Calcium: 15 mg · Iron: 1 mg
Related Recipe: Our Loaded Deviled Eggs are a fun twist on a tasty classic. We kicked our regular recipe up a notch by adding cheese and BACON! Get the recipe HERE!
Questions & Reviews