We LOVE a good one-pot pasta. We especially love when you can take all the ingredients from your fridge, cook it up, and have it on the table in less than 30 minutes. We’ve teamed up with Ragú to bring you this delicious One-pot Sausage Penne Pasta – we hope you enjoy it! (I know my family sure did!)
ONE-POT SAUSAGE PENNE PASTA RECIPE
- 1 pound ground italian pork sausage
- 1 medium onion roughly chopped
- 2 green bell peppers roughly chopped
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1½ cups chicken broth or water
- 1 (24 ounce) jar Ragú® Chunky Tomato Garlic & Onion Sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
- In a deep 12" skillet or pot, cook sausage over medium-high heat for about five minutes. Break it apart into smaller pieces as it cooks with a wooden spoon or a meat chopper.
- Drain the excess grease once cooked.
- Add the onion, green peppers, pasta, chicken broth, and Ragú® to the skillet, and bring it to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and cover. Let it simmer for about 15 minutes (stirring occasionally), until the pasta is tender.
- Scoop into individual servings and top with grated parmesan cheese (optional).
**You can buy a medium/hot sausage if you want to spice the recipe up a little bit, too.