- 36 OREO Cookies, divided
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, divided
- 4 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened (I used Neufchatel cheese)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream (I used light)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 eggs
- ½ pound (8 oz) chocolate candy coating (or chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line a 13x9" baking pan with foil, with ends extending over sides. Finely crush 24 cookies (I placed them in a Ziploc bag and crushed them with my rolling pin). Melt ¼ cup butter; mix with crumbs. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Beat softened cream cheese and sugar with mixer until blended. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each just until blended. Chop remaining 12 Oreo cookies. Gently stir into batter; pour over crust.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until center is almost set. Let cool (I stuck mine into the fridge for about 2 hours). After the cheesecake has cooled down, microwave chocolate in a microwaveable bowl until melted (follow directions on packaging); stir until smooth. Use foil handles to lift cheesecake from pan and cut into bite-size pieces. Place on baking sheet covered in wax paper. Drizzle melted chocolate over each piece of cheesecake using a spoon. Stick in the fridge until chocolate has hardened.
Here are some more of our favorite Oreo recipes:
Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
Oreo Cookie Truffles
Oreo Chocolate Nummy Mess
Chocolate Oreo Cookie Cake
Oreo Cookie Fudge
Recipe adapted from Kraft Recipes