This rice is perfect with quesadillas or tacos! Super easy to make and bursting with flavor.
Slow Cooker Mexican Rice Recipe
This slow cooker Mexican rice is so easy to make and bursting with flavor.
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 ½ cups white rice uncooked
- 1 ½ cups fat free chicken broth
- 14 ½ ounces diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces kidney beans rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup green taco sauce
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 Tablespoon green onions chopped
- Place rice, broth, diced tomatoes, beans, taco sauce, oregano, onions, garlic and salt and pepper in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low setting for 3 to 4 hours. Stir in cilantro and green onions just before serving.
Calories: 286 kcal · Carbohydrates: 59 g · Protein: 11 g · Fat: 1 g · Saturated Fat: 1 g · Sodium: 505 mg · Potassium: 540 mg · Fiber: 7 g · Sugar: 3 g · Vitamin A: 175 IU · Vitamin C: 9 mg · Calcium: 66 mg · Iron: 3 mg
- Slow Cooker
Questions & Reviews
I have been woefully low on good slow cooker side dishes. This one sounds really great. Thanks for sharing.
Sinea from Ducks 'n a Row
Was wondering how many servings this makes?