Take 5 is one of my favorite candy bars. I love the combination of the salty pretzels and peanut butter mixed with the sweetness of milk chocolate and caramel!
It doesn’t get much better than that….until you add a little cake mix! These bars are easy to make and are so delicious!
Take 5 Cake Mix Bars Recipe
These yummy bars have the combination of salty pretzels and peanut butter mixed with the sweetness of milk chocolate and caramel! It doesn’t get much better than that.
- 15.25 ounces yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup butter softened
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- ⅔ cup pretzels crushed
- ⅓ + ¼ cup peanut butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 ¼ cups soft caramels cut in half
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, 1 egg, butter and milk until it forms a thick batter. Divide the batter in half.
- Mix in crushed pretzels in one half of the batter. Press the batter with the pretzels into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until batter is barely set.
- In a separate bowl, cream together 1 egg, peanut butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy and smooth
- Carefully spread peanut butter mixture over the partially baked pretzel batter. Sprinkle halved caramel squares and chocolate chips over peanut butter layer.
- Flatten small pieces of the remaining half of the cake batter to cover the top of the bars. Bake for 18-20 more minutes, until the cake batter on top is golden and puffy. Let cool and serve.
Calories: 211 kcal · Carbohydrates: 31 g · Protein: 4 g · Fat: 9 g · Saturated Fat: 3 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 24 mg · Sodium: 274 mg · Potassium: 131 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 21 g · Vitamin A: 132 IU · Vitamin C: 1 mg · Calcium: 57 mg · Iron: 1 mg
- Mixing Bowl
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan