I am now into my 3rd trimester of pregnancy and can’t wait to have this baby.
The first two trimesters seemed to fly by and now it seems like June will never arrive. I thought if I tried to make a summer inspired dessert it might speed up the process a bit.
These Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes are so easy to make and full of flavor.
They are light, yet rich and this is one recipe you definitely can’t go wrong with.
They only require a few simple ingredients and take minutes to throw together. Your family will love this fruity dessert, that requires almost no time to make.
do these need to be refrigerated before serving?
For this particular recipe, you don’t necessarily need to refrigerate them before serving, however, we highly recommend it.
Refrigerating them before serving allows the frosting to set up a little better, as well as the texture of the cupcake is a little more moist.
If you are serving them a little later on, or in a couple of hours, we also recommend storing them in an airtight container in the fridge.
This will keep the cake part from drying out, or getting a strange hard outside texture.
If you do have leftovers, we recommend storing them in the freezer, and thawing them for 24 hours in the fridge, before you plan to eat them.
if there is pudding in the cake mix, do I still need to add the extra pudding?
Yes, you definitely still need to add the extra pudding. We have found that most cake mixes do have pudding ingredients in their mix, to make the cake more moist.
However, there isn’t a lot of it, so we still recommend adding the pudding to make sure the cake is extremely moist and delicious, for the best results.
watch how to make another one of our favorite strawberry recipes, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
Watch how to make our Strawberry Fruit Pizza Recipe, here:
Looking for more delicious strawberry recipes?
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes Recipe
- 15.25 ounces lemon cake mix 1 package
- 1 vanilla instant pudding mix small package
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
Strawberry Lemonade Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks, softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup seedless strawberry jam
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- sugar sprinkles optional
- lemon zest optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line cupcake tins with 24 paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix and pudding.
- Add eggs and beat until smooth. Add water, oil, sour cream and lemon juice and mix until combined.
- Fill cupcake tins 2/3 of the way full with batter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely.
- For the frosting, beat all ingredients together until light and fluffy.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with sprinkles and fresh lemon zest, if desired.
- For this particular recipe, you don’t necessarily need to refrigerate them before serving, however, we highly recommend it. Refrigerating them before serving allows the frosting to set up a little better, as well as the texture of the cupcake is a little more moist. If you are serving them a little later on, or in a couple of hours, we also recommend storing them in an airtight container in the fridge.
- cupcake tin
- Cupcake Liners
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Small Mixing Bowl
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!