I always looked forward to Sunday dinner when we were younger. I am sure my mom spent hours in the kitchen every Sunday making our amazing meal! One of our favorite side dishes was the Cheesy Hash Brown Potato Casserole (better known as Funeral Potatoes). I decided to make my life a little easier, that I would try them in my slow cooker! They were so simple and made the perfect side dish!
Slow Cooker Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole Recipe
Slow Cooker Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole Recipe is one of our favorite side dishes. So simple to make and so delicious!
- 2 cups sour cream
- 10.75 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup 1 can
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup onion chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 32 ounces Shredded Hash browns 1 package
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients making sure hash browns are evenly coated.
- Pour mixture into slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours, or until hash browns are cooked through and onions are soft.
- You can dump them in frozen. You may need to hit them against the counter a few times to break them up if they are in one big frozen chunk. 🙂
Calories: 276 kcal · Carbohydrates: 20 g · Protein: 10 g · Fat: 18 g · Saturated Fat: 11 g · Cholesterol: 49 mg · Sodium: 530 mg · Potassium: 397 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 2 g · Vitamin A: 514 IU · Vitamin C: 8 mg · Calcium: 226 mg · Iron: 1 mg
- Slow Cooker
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Large Bowl