The dog days of summer are dragging on . . . and my 36-week pregnant ankles (that look more like elephant legs) are proof. There is a local drive-thru restaurant called Sonic that has “Happy Hour” from 2-4 pm each day and all drinks are half-price. One of my favorite drinks is their Cherry Limeade. I have spent WAY more than I should on their yummy drinks, but on a hot summer day it just sounds so good!
I found this recipe to make your own Sonic Cherry Limeade at home and I have now made it many, many times. I just tell my husband, “Think of all the money I am saving since I just make it myself now!”
. . . as I whip up my 4th batch of the week. 🙂
I promise you’ll love it.
Serves: 6 people
SONIC'S COPYCAT CHERRY LIMEADE DRINK RECIPE
Now you can recreate this amazing, refreshing drink at home!
- 1 can frozen limeade concentrate
- 2 liters lemon-lime soda
- Juice from 1 (10 oz) jar of maraschino cherries
- Fresh limes sliced (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together and serve immediately. You can also throw in some maraschino cherries if you would like. For a slushier drink, use limeade concentrate that is completely frozen (mine was partially thawed in the picture and that is why it isn't slushy).
- Add ice as wanted . . . mine melted very fast because it was so hot outside!
Calories: 142 kcal · Carbohydrates: 36 g · Protein: 1 g · Sodium: 34 mg · Potassium: 19 mg · Sugar: 35 g · Vitamin C: 1 mg · Calcium: 7 mg · Iron: 1 mg
Questions & Reviews