The dog days of summer are dragging on . . . and my 36-week pregnant ankles (that look more like elephant legs) are proof. There is a local drive-thru restaurant called Sonic that has “Happy Hour” from 2-4 pm each day and all drinks are half-price. One of my favorite drinks is their Cherry Limeade. I have spent WAY more than I should on their yummy drinks, but on a hot summer day it just sounds so good!
SONIC'S COPYCAT CHERRY LIMEADE DRINK RECIPE
- 1 can frozen limeade concentrate
- 2 liters lemon-lime soda
- Juice from 1 (10 oz) jar of maraschino cherries
- Fresh limes sliced (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together and serve immediately. You can also throw in some maraschino cherries if you would like. For a slushier drink, use limeade concentrate that is completely frozen (mine was partially thawed in the picture and that is why it isn't slushy).
- Add ice as wanted . . . mine melted very fast because it was so hot outside!