I was in the student council in elementary school, which mean I had the “privilege” to sell beef jerky in the hallway at lunch. That is when my love affair with teriyaki started! I would be sure to bring 50 cents to school everyday so I could buy a piece of that delicious, flavorful jerky. I have never met a teriyaki recipe I didn’t like, and this one is so sweet and tasty that your family is bound to love it too!
Slow Cooker Sweet Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (mine were frozen)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup onion
- 4 cups white rice cooked
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a sauce pan heat soy sauce, sugar, garlic, and chopped onion over medium heat until boiling.
- Pour sauce over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve over cooked rice.
- Slow Cooker