You won’t believe how soft these pineapple cookies are. They are bursting with pineapple flavor.
Top them off with delicious pineapple buttercream frosting and you have a cookie that’s out of this world YUMMY.
They are the perfect spring or summer dessert. (I would honestly eat them all year long). They are so delicious, light, and full of tropical summer flavor. You will love how simple and delicious these cookies are.
I am usually a total chocolate lover when it comes to desserts, but these cookies have converted me (the pineapple buttercream frosting is no joke). They are so delicious and so simple.
could i use normal buttercream frosting with these cookies?
This recipe give a simple ingredient list for you pineapple buttercream frosting. I highly recommend trying it, because it tastes amazing with these cookies. However, these cookies would taste just as delicious, with regular buttercream frosting.
You could even do a glaze with these cookies, instead of a thick frosting, and they would taste delicious.
would these recipes work with butter instead of butter flavored shortening?
For this recipe, it calls for butter flavored shortening. You can replace the shortening with butter, but here are a few things to think about:
- Fat in your cookies is what helps your cookies bring out the real sweetness to them. Without the fat, they just wouldn’t taste as sweet. Shortening has more fat than butter, so you don’t have to use as much.
- If you are using butter instead of shortening, you are going to need a little more to give it the taste it needs.
- Shortening is soft, and doesn’t need time to soften. If you are planning to make cookies in a hurry, melting butter will ruin your cookie texture. In this case, shortening is the better option.
- Shortening is 100% fat, so it doesn’t have any water moisture to release when it bakes. This makes your cookies softer and more moist, creating a better tasting cookie, with the texture you love.
watch how to make another delicious summer recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
This Mandarin Orange Pretzel Jello Salad is a hit at every family party. It is so easy to make and tastes absolutely amazing. Watch how easy it is to make, here:
Looking for more delicious fruity recipes? Here are a few of our favorite:
Pineapple Drop Cookies with Pineapple Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter flavor shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4¼ cups flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (drained - reserve juice for frosting)
Pineapple Buttercream Frosting
- ½ cup butter softened to room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar (add a little more if you need to thicken it up)
- pineapple juice from above
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Cream together brown sugar, sugar, butter shortening, eggs and vanilla.
- Then add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and drained crushed pineapple. Stir together until blended.
- Drop dough onto ungreased cookie sheet, or line your cookie sheet with a silpat baking sheet. If your dough is thick enough you could also roll it into 1 1/2 inch balls. Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Mix softened butter with powdered sugar.
- Add in about 2 Tablespoons pineapple juice that you reserved from the crushed pineapple and vanilla. If you need to thicken up the frosting add more powdered sugar. If it's too thick add a little more pineapple juice.
- Spread frosting on cooled cookies. Top with drained crushed pineapple.
- For this recipe, it calls for butter flavored shortening. You can replace the shortening with butter, but your results will differ.
- Mixing Bowl
- Silpat Liner
- Baking Sheet
- Medium Mixing Bowl
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!