There is something about chocolate and peanut butter mixed together that just makes my mouth water! This cake is the perfect combination! Not too much peanut butter or chocolate. I also love the fact that this cake doesn’t need any frosting. The crumb topping with chocolate chips is the perfect topping!
Serves: 12 people
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe
There is something about chocolate and peanut butter mixed together that just makes my mouth water! I also love the fact that this cake doesn’t need any frosting.
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter creamy
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 9?x 13? baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, combine flour, brown sugar, peanut butter, 1 tsp of vanilla and butter. Remove 1 cup of mixture and set aside.
- Mix in baking powder, baking soda, milk and vanilla. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after you add each one.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Sprinkle top with reserved flour mixture and chocolate chips. Bake 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Calories: 449 kcal · Carbohydrates: 59 g · Protein: 10 g · Fat: 20 g · Saturated Fat: 8 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 63 mg · Sodium: 282 mg · Potassium: 259 mg · Fiber: 2 g · Sugar: 39 g · Vitamin A: 329 IU · Calcium: 94 mg · Iron: 2 mg
Adapted from Bake or Break
Some of my other favorite chocolate and peanut butter combinations are: