We love adding variety to an everyday muffin. These muffins are loaded with pieces of OREO cookies. They are soft and topped with more Oreo crumbs and white chocolate. We had some for breakfast while they were still warm from the oven. Perfect as a snack too!
Related Recipe: These Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins are a delicious combination of flavors for the perfect fall treat.
Oreo Cookie Muffins Recipe
- 1¾ cups flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅓ cup butter cold
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 16 Oreo Cookies coarsely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 6 Oreo Cookies finely crushed
- 2 Tablespoons butter cold
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ Tablespoon shortening
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and baking powder. Then cut in the butter into the mixture.
- In another bowl beat together egg, milk, yogurt and vanilla. Stir into the dry ingredients and mix just until moistened. (Do not over mix)
- Fold in the coarsely chopped cookie pieces. Fill generously greased muffin cups about 3/4 full. (I sprayed them with Bakers Joy non stick spray)
- For the topping mix together the flour, sugar, and crushed oreo cookies. Cut in the butter until crumbly. Sprinkle generously over all of the muffins. (about 1 tablespoon on each one)
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave safe dish melt chips and shortening stirring every 30 second intervals until smooth. Drizzle over the partially cooled muffins.
- Large Bowl
- Mixing Bowl
- muffin pan
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Microwave Safe Bowl