This is seriously one of the easiest desserts that I have ever made. It has only a few ingredients and all you do is layer them, then throw it in the fridge- no baking required.
It’s a delicious and refreshing dessert loaded with fresh strawberries and chocolate. This dessert reminds me of strawberry shortcake. Plus the chocolate ganache on top adds the perfect finishing touch.
what could I use in place of graham crackers?
This recipe calls for graham crackers but you could easily replace them. Here is what we recommend:
- Golden Grahams Cereal (crushed)
- Vanilla Wafers
- Biscoff Cookies
- Vanilla Oreos
- Teddy Grahams
how far in advance can I make this dessert?
This recipe explains that it is best when it has sat in the fridge for about four hours. You could eat it sooner, but the texture is best when the graham crackers have softened a little.
We recommend making this four hours in advance, or even the night before. If you make it more than 24 hours in advance, the graham crackers will get a little soggy and might not be as enjoyable.
how should i store this?
This cake is best stored in the freezer. If you do plan to make it 48 hours in advance, we recommend freezing it for the first 24, then thawing it in the fridge 24 hours before serving it.
We don’t recommend making it more than 48 hours in advance. If you have any leftovers, cover it tightly with saran wrap or foil, to keep out moisture, as well as to keep it from drying out.
After a day or two it starts to get soggy. So eat those leftovers within a day or two.
It’s common for foods with whipped cream to take on other food flavors in the fridge, so for the best results, keep it covered tightly.
If you love this strawberry icebox cake, be sure to try our no bake lemon icebox cake. A delicious and refreshing dessert!
how to make no bake strawberry icebox cake
No bake strawberry icebox cake is an easy recipe. It’s one of our favorites. Just some simple ingredients in this dessert.
- Wash and dry the strawberries. Slice strawberries and set aside.
- With a hand mixer, beat 3 cups of the heavy whipping cream until it holds stiff peaks.
- Add in powdered sugar, vanilla, and almond extract and whip to combine.
- Layer the graham crackers in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan until bottom is completely covered. Arrange smaller pieces to fit the edges.
- Spread a layer of whipped cream over the graham crackers, and then a thin layer of sliced strawberries.
- Then layer on another layer of graham crackers, whipped cream, and sliced strawberries.
- Then top with a third layer.
- To make the ganache, heat the remaining cream until it bubbles around the edge of the pan. Then add in the chocolate chips or chocolate pieces.
- Then stir until it is thick and glossy.
- Drizzle or spoon chocolate mixture over layered dessert.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours so graham crackers have time to soften.
- Top with additional sliced berries before serving.
Related recipe: If you love strawberry desserts, give our Strawberry Crinkle Cookies a try!
helpful items used in making strawberry ice box cake
- Hand Mixer – This hand mixer comes in cute kitchen colors and we love the pulse/burst button.
- 9 x 13 Glass Baking Dish – This glass dish comes with an air tight cover.
- Sauce Pan – A great stainless steel sauce pan with a clear glass lid.
watch how to make another one of our favorite strawberry dessert recipes, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
Watch how to make our Strawberry Fruit Pizza Recipe, here:
No Bake Strawberry Ice Box Cake Recipe
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries sliced
- 1 quart whipping cream divided
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon almond extract optional
- 14.4 ounces graham crackers 1 box
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (or chocolate chunks)
- Wash and slice berries.
- With a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer, whip 3 1/4 cups of cream until it just holds stiff peaks.
- Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, and almond extract (if using) and whip to combine.
- Cover bottom of pan with graham cracker sheets.
- Lightly cover the top of the graham crackers with a thin layer of whipped cream, and then a single layer of sliced strawberries. Repeat the layers 2 more times. Spread the last of the whipped cream over the top and swirl it lightly with a spoon. Add a few more strawberries.
- To make the ganache, heat the remaining cream until bubbles form around the edges, then pour over the chocolate. Let it stand for a few minutes, then whisk until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Drizzle this over the layered dessert with a spoon, or transfer to a squeeze bottle and use that to drizzle.
- Refrigerate for at least four hours, or until the crackers have softened completely.
- Garnish with additional berries.
- Hand or Stand Mixer
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
- Microwave Safe Bowl
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!