Our kids went crazy over these fun cinnamon rolls on a stick. They are perfect for a busy morning when you are running out the door to school.
Just grab a couple of these mini cinnamon rolls for a tasty “grab ‘n go” breakfast. They also make a delicious dessert or an after school snack.
You’ll be surprised how easy they are to make with refrigerated crescent roll dough. They also taste absolutely delicious.
Put a little drizzle of frosting on those bad boys, and you will think you have died and gone to heaven. They are so yummy, and easy to make.
can these be made in a mini muffin tin?
Where theses are already pretty small, we recommend using a regular size muffin tin, for the best results. However, if you plan to feed a large crowd, and just want bite size, you could use a mini muffin tin.
We like using the regular muffin tin, but I am sure this recipe would still work great, using a mini muffin tin.
can i use almond milk in the frosting?
For this recipe, we used 1% milk in the frosting. I have made it using skim, whole and 2% and it turns out perfect every time.
Almond milk is a little different and may create a more nutty flavor, but the texture should still be great. We would still use the same amount of almond milk, as the recipe uses normal milk.
With the softened butter, you will want to spread it over the crescent roll dough. We recommend having the butter softened, not melted, so it doesn’t absorb into the dough before you even bake it.
To soften my butter, I usually let it sit our for about an hour or so (I usually keep it in the fridge), then it spreads super easy, and won’t sink in, to the dough.
watch how to make another quick and easy snack or breakfast recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
These Peanut Butter Breakfast Bites are so simple to make and full of sweet peanut butter flavor. They have the perfect amount of crunch and seriously only require a few simple ingredients. You are going to love these. Watch how simple they are to make, here:
looking for more breakfast recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
- Croissant Breakfast Sandwich
- Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- Breakfast Tostadas
- Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins
- Easy Hashbrown and Egg Breakfast Casserole
Mini Cinnamon Roll Pops Recipe
- ⅓ cup brown sugar packed
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 8 ounces refrigerated dough sheet (crescent roll dough works great)
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 16 cookie or sucker sticks
- 1 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1 Tablespoon butter softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 16 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl mix together brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- Unroll dough sheet or crescent roll dough on a lightly floured surface. Pinch any perforated seams together so it's all one big rectangle of dough.
- Spread 1/4 cup of softened butter evenly over the dough getting right to the edges. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over the butter. Pat down lightly.
- Starting with the longest side, roll the dough up tightly. Cut into 16 (about 3/4 inch) slices.
- Place with cut sides down in the muffin cup.
- Bake about 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown (don't overcook)
- Remove from pan immediately onto cooling rack or counter.
- Insert stick into the side of each bun. (I poked a small hole with a knife then the stick slid easily into the roll. Cool completely.
- For the glaze beat cream cheese and butter with mixer until smooth.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar and vanilla. Slowly beat in milk 1 teaspoon at a time. If you want thicker glaze, add a little more powdered sugar.
- Spoon glaze into a sandwich baggie and cut off a tiny corner and drizzle over the mini cinnamon rolls. Store covered in refrigerator.
- To soften my butter, I usually let it sit our for about an hour or so (I usually keep it in the fridge), then it spreads super easy, and won’t sink in, to the dough.
- Muffin Tin
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Mixing Bowl
- Hand mixer
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!