My kids love mac n’ cheese, but I don’t exactly love it. With this Cheesy Macaroni Casserole, everyone is happy. My husband calls it loaded mac n’ cheese! This is the perfect meal to hide some vegetables in!
Cheesy Macaroni Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes drained
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 10 ounces elbow macaroni (I used whole wheat), cook it according to the directions on the box
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground turkey over high heat until cooked through and set aside.
- Add olive oil to the skillet, reduce heat to medium and add the onion, mushrooms, and red pepper. Sauté it until they are soft.
- Return the turkey to the skillet along with the diced tomatoes and marinara sauce and heat until it boils. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour your noodles into a 9x13 pan. Pour your sauce onto the noodles and mix it all together very slowly. Sprinkle the top with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.