I am on the biggest lemon kick lately. Lemon everything! And we only have a few weeks to enjoy all the lemon summer flavors before the cravings for pumpkin and fall recipes start! This Lemon Popcorn is perfect for your weekend movie nights, or just a light delicious snack for the pool.
Lemon Popcorn Recipe
- 6 cups popped popcorn (you can use kettle corn but I just used plain popcorn).
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 drops yellow food coloring
- Pour 6 cups of popped popcorn into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, pour white chocolate chips and microwave in 30 second increments stirring in between until smooth.
- Pour in vegetable oil and lemon juice and mix until combined to make mixture smoother, and easier to pour.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the popcorn and mix in carefully so the white chocolate evenly covers the popcorn.
- Spread the chocolate covered popcorn out on a piece of parchment paper or aluminum foil until chocolate hardens.
- In a clean medium sized bowl, melt the butter until it is almost complete liquid.
- Add the milk, vanilla, and powdered sugar.
- Mix until it creates a thick glaze.
- Add the lemon extract and food coloring.
- Mix until it is fully combined and the flavor and color is all mixed together.
- For a brighter yellow glaze, you can add a few more drops of food coloring.
- Drizzle the glaze over the white chocolate hardened popcorn.
- Let the glaze harden and enjoy!