Sugar Cookies are probably one of my most favorite desserts. The cookie dough tastes better than chocolate chip cookie dough! I could just eat it with the spoon. The only problem I have with sugar cookies is the frosting – there is never enough! These delicious and easy Sugar Cookie Strips allow me to dip to my hearts content. We are big frosting lovers at our house, so this recipe is a hit!
Sugar Cookie Strips Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 2½ cups flour
- Frosting I used betty crocker
- 6 drops food coloring (I used green for St. Patrick's Day)
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and granulated sugar.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Add your salt, baking powder and flour.
- Mix until the batter is lump free.
- Cover and chill for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll dough out into thin three inch wide strips (I cooked three strips on one pan).
- Pat sprinkles into the dough so they bake in and don't fall out easily.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until edges begin to harden and become gold on the bottom.
- Let cookies cool completely and cut into strips (I cut mine into 3 inch strips)
- Mix food coloring into frosting until fully combined.
- Dip cookie strips into frosting and enjoy!