We didn’t go out to eat very often growing up. Usually at birthdays or other celebrations.
You can imagine how expensive it would be to take a family of 8 out to dinner!
I know it isn’t the healthiest thing to be excited about, but I always loved when McDonald’s had “Big Mac Monday”, which meant that their juicy sandwiches were only 99 cents!
We could usually convince my parents to not pass up such a great deal! 🙂
I still love a Big Mac now and then and thought I would enjoy it even more if I could make it myself.
Let me tell you, this “secret sauce” is spot on! Oh. My. Goodness. It was almost better than the real thing! Try it. You won’t be sorry!
Related recipe: Love Big Macs? Then you’ll love our Big Mac Sliders Recipe! All the same taste, a lot less work!
Homemade Copycat Big Mac Recipe
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons French dressing
- 4 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 Tablespoon minced white onion
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
Hamburger and Toppings
- 8 Hamburger Buns with sesame seeds (using 4 whole buns and 4 bottom buns)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- Special Sauce (recipe below)
- 2 pounds ground beef (form into 8 patties)
- 16 ounces dill pickle slices 1 bottle
- 8 slices American cheese
- To make the special sauce, mix together mayonnaise, French dressing, pickle relish, minced white onion, vinegar, sugar, and salt until combined. Chill in the fridge.
- Grill your hamburger patties until cooked through.
- Starting from the bottom: bottom bun, special sauce, shredded lettuce, hamburger patty, two dill pickles, slice of cheese, additional bottom bun, special sauce, shredded lettuce, hamburger patty, two dill pickles, top bun.
- Mixing Bowl
(Recipe adapted from Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice)