My husband has been begging me to make a Tres Leches Cake, but the name intimidated me until now! This cake is easy to make but tastes absolutely amazing.
Delicious Tres Leches Cake Recipe
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1⅓ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 Tablespoons butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 12 ounces evaporated milk 1 can
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk 1 can
- 1 cup half and half cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Whisk together the oil, flour, baking powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- Beat together the butter and the sugar for about 1 minute.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and mixing after each egg, and mix to thoroughly combine.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the batter and mix just until combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cake is lightly golden
- Remove the cake pan to a cooling rack and allow to cool for 30 minutes. Poke the top of the cake all over with a skewer or fork. Allow the cake to cool completely and then prepare the glaze.
- Whisk together the evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk and the half-and-half in a bowl. Once combined, pour the glaze over the cake. Refrigerate the cake overnight.
- Place the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla into the bowl. Using a mixer, mix it until stiff peaks are formed. Change to medium speed and whisk until thick. Spread the topping over the cake and allow to chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
- Small Mixing Bowl (2)
- Medium Mixing Bowl (2)