We love this easy slow cooker quinoa chili!
To make this into a freezer meal:
In a gallon-sized freezer meal bag, add all ingredients EXCEPT for chicken stock. Squeeze out as much air as possible and seal bag closed. Place freezer bag into freezer and it will last 60-90 days.
When ready to use, spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and dump ingredients from bag into slow cooker. Add in 2 cups of chicken stock (or broth) in with the frozen food. Add the lid and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until completely cooked through. Portion soup into serving bowls and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Quinoa Chili Recipe
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes do not drain
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies do not drain
- 2 (16 ounces) black beans rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces corn drained
- 15 ounces red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese optional topping
- 1 cup sour cream optional topping
- Place everything in a 6 quart slow cooker and cook for 5-7 hours on low.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Garnish with shredded cheese and sour cream if desired.
- Slow Cooker