We eat a lot of chicken around here, so I love finding new recipes we can try! I found this recipe at Jamie Cooks It Up! and loved it. The sauce is so creamy and flavorful. We will definitely be having this again!
Serves: 6 people
Crispy Chicken with Creamy Italian Sauce and Pasta Recipe
A crispy chicken and pasta recipe with a creamy and flavorful sauce!
- 5 cups corn flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup milk
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 10 ounces Philadelphia Italian cheese and Herb Cooking Cream
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup milk
- fresh parsley chopped (optional)
- In a small food processor crush the corn flakes into crumbs.
- Combine the salt and the flour. Stir to combine.
- Place the flour, milk and crushed cornflakes each into their own separate pans or bowls. Loaf pans work well for this.
- Place your chicken breasts in a gallon sized Ziploc bag and seal the top.
- Pound the chicken flat with a meat mallet.
- Take a pair of sharp kitchen scissors and cut each breast in half.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour. Be sure it gets covered on both sides.
- Lay the floured chicken onto a small cookie sheet and slide the sheet into the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Start cooking your pasta.
- Remove the chicken from the freezer and dredge each piece in the milk and then immediately into the corn flake crumbs. Again, be sure both sides are covered well.
- Add the olive oil to a hot skillet.
- Carefully lay each chicken piece into the hot oil. Sprinkle with a little bit of salt and pepper. Cook over medium high heat for about 5 minutes or until the underside of each piece is nice and golden brown.
- Turn the pieces over. If the bottom of the pan is dry add just a bit more olive oil to the side of the pan. Swirl the pan around a bit to let the oil flow to all sides. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to medium. Let the chicken cook for about 7 more minutes, being careful not to burn the bottoms.
- When your chicken has been cooked through remove it from the pan and place it on a plate. Cover with foil.
- Into the same pan pour your broth. Philly Cooking Creme, Cream of Chicken, and milk. Whisk the sauce around and let it get all warm and bubbly. Should only take about 3 minutes.
- Slice your chicken into strips and serve over your cooked pasta and sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley if you choose.
Calories: 518 kcal · Carbohydrates: 35 g · Protein: 18 g · Fat: 35 g · Saturated Fat: 14 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 105 mg · Sodium: 611 mg · Potassium: 386 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 4 g · Vitamin A: 1196 IU · Vitamin C: 9 mg · Calcium: 86 mg · Iron: 8 mg
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!