I am a huge pasta fan! It seriously feels like Christmas to me when Olive Garden has their unlimited pasta special. I usually drag my husband there a few times during the promotional period. 🙂
I was craving some pasta recently and definitely was not looking appealing enough to head out anywhere, so I rummaged through my pantry and fridge and this beautiful pasta was born. It tasted absolutely amazing and tamed my crazy pasta eating urges….for awhile at least!
Creamy Skillet Pasta Recipe
- 16 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion finely minced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes
- 26 ounces pasta sauce
- 1 cup half and half cream
- 1 Tablespoon italian seasoning
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions on the package.
- Rinse pasta in cold water, drain and set aside. Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute until soft and see through.
- Add minced garlic and tomatoes and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add pasta sauce, half and half and Italian seasoning. Simmer until heated through.
- Add drained pasta and cheese. Toss to coat pasta evenly and serve.