With all the fresh vegetables and produce available this time of year, I am always looking for quick ways to serve it to my family and I have found that if my kids have something to dip it in, they most likely will eat it! I found this recipe online when I was in hurry to whip up something for a quick side dish and it worked perfectly. Also, I found that by letting it sit in your fridge overnight really helps the flavors meld and it tastes even better!
Creamy Italian Vegetable Dip Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I used light)
- 1 cup sour cream (I used light)
- 1 ounce packet Italian dressing mix
- ¼ cup green onions finely minced
- ¼ cup green pepper finely diced
- ¼ cup red pepper finely diced
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, and dressing mix until completely blended.
- Add in onions and peppers until thoroughly combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours (or overnight if you can).
- Serve with your favorite vegetables, crackers or chips.
Recipe slightly adapted from Kraft.