Dinner rut be gone!! I love easy pantry recipes- meaning that I already have everything on hand so that I don’t have to venture to the grocery store with three hungry kids right before dinner time (has anyone ever done that? Worst idea ever!).
The great thing about this casserole is that anything goes . . . you can add as few or as many vegetables as you want. I usually just throw in whatever I have in my pantry or vegetable drawer in the fridge. My kids don’t even realize that they are eating their vegetables, so it’s totally a win-win combination!
Creamy Chicken and Noodle Casserole Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 10.75 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup corn flakes crushed
- 1 Tablespoon butter melted
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- ¼ cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes chopped
- 2 cups angel hair pasta cooked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil chicken until cooked through (no longer pink inside), about 20-30 minutes. Cut into bite size pieces and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine soup, sour cream, vegetables of your choice. Pour mixture over chicken
- In a separate bowl, combine crushed cornflakes and melted butter and sprinkle over the top of the chicken mixture.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes (or freeze for baking at another time).
- Serve over cooked pasta.
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan