Looking to book a Disneyland vacation, click below to get the best prices for your trip!
You know those adults who love Disneyland more than their kids? Or even plan trips there without them? Ya, I am one of those people! Haha! I don’t know when this Disney obsession began but I swear it gets worse the older I get! One of my favorite desserts in Disneyland is the Churro Funnel Cake from the Hungry Bear Restaurant. I’ve recreated it at home the best I can to tide me over until the next time I get to the park. 🙂 This Churro Funnel Cake is a homemade funnel cake, topped with cinnamon and sugar, caramel and whipped cream. It tastes even better than it sounds!
You’ll love our copycat Disneyland pineapple dole whip recipe. now you can make these delicious dole whips at home!
Copycat Disneyland Churro Funnel Cake Recipe
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 2 ½ Tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup caramel syrup for topping
- 1 cup whipping cream for topping
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine water, 2½ Tablespoons sugar, salt and 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Stir in flour until mixture forms a ball.
- Heat oil for frying in deep-fryer or deep skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- One at a time, pipe the dough directly into the hot oil in a spiral motion, pinching the dough off once the desired size has been reached.
- Cook until dough puffs and turns golden brown, turning halfway through so both sides evenly cook, about 3-5 minutes total.
- Carefully remove from oil and place on a paper towel-covered plate to drain for 30-60 seconds.
- Mix 1 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon in a shallow dish or pie pan.
- Dip the cooked funnel cakes into the cinnamon/sugar mixture and coat both sides. Shake off excess.
- Serve immediately topping each one caramel sauce and whipped cream.
- Small Mixing Bowl