Lately I just can’t get enough of anything with curry in it! This Chicken Curry Soup will be a new family favorite! My husband keeps asking when we can have it again!
Chicken Curry Soup Recipe
We love the taste of curry, and this delicious hearty soup will not disappoint.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts halved
- 3 carrots sliced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- ½ onion diced
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup Jasmine rice
- 2 Tablespoons fresh mint chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the chicken, carrots, onions, and 6 cups of chicken broth into a medium saucepan and bring it to a boil. Once it reaches a boil quickly reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook until the chicken is just firm, about 20 minutes.
- Add your heavy cream, jasmine rice, curry powder. Increase the heat to medium and cover and simmer until the rice is cooked (20 minutes).
- Remove the meat from the broth and shred it, then return it back to the broth.
- Toss in chopped herbs, stir and serve hot!
Calories: 232 kcal · Carbohydrates: 25 g · Protein: 12 g · Fat: 9 g · Saturated Fat: 5 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 51 mg · Sodium: 1222 mg · Potassium: 568 mg · Fiber: 2 g · Sugar: 2 g · Vitamin A: 5496 IU · Vitamin C: 26 mg · Calcium: 61 mg · Iron: 1 mg
- Big saucepan
Questions & Reviews