2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
1 1/2 cups salsa
1 small onion, chopped
3/4 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
6 flour tortillas
3/4 cup shredded cheese
1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup fat free half & half
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilis
1. In a nonstick skillet, simmer the chicken, salsa, onion, cumin and oregano until heated through and most of the liquid has evaporated.
Yield: 6 servings
Adapted from: Taste of Home
Baked Chicken Chimichanga Recipe
- 2½ cups boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 1½ cups salsa
- 1 small onion chopped
- ¾ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat free half & half
- 1 can chopped green chilis
- In a nonstick skillet, simmer the chicken, salsa, onion, cumin and oregano until heated through and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Place 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- Place seam side down in a 13×9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake uncovered at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine the broth, bouillon and pepper. Cook until bouillon is dissolved. In a small bowl combine flour and cream until smooth; gradually stir into broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes til thickened. Stir in chilies and cook until heated through. To serve, cut chimichangas in half, top with sauce.