We love granola and granola bars as a snack. These no bake peanut butter granola bars will be perfect this summer at the beach or the pool. Great for picnics and to stick on their lunches for school.
The kids love these as an after school snack. You could make them even healthier. The options for these granola bars are endless.
You will love the perfect combo of peanut butter, crunchy nuts, and some hearty oats!
What are some other add ins for these granola bars?
After we made these delicious granola bars, we started thinking of all the other ingredients we could add in. So many of our favorite healthy ingredients that we like in granola could easily be added into these bars.
And the best part about these bars is that they are no bake. A lot of the store bought granola bars are so hard that they crumble into pieces when you take a bite.
These granola bars are soft, with some crunch. We think they are perfect in every way. Here are some great add ins you may want to try.
- Shredded Coconut
- Flax Seed
- Sunflower Seeds
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Chia Seeds
- Dried Fruit
how long can these be stored?
No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars can be stored for a week or two in an airtight container. That’s if they last that long.
We usually place the airtight container in the fridge to stay fresh even longer. They work great in an airtight bag when packed in lunch boxes.
how to make No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars
All you need are some simple ingredients to make this amazing snack.
- Line a 7 x 11 inch pan with aluminum foil. Leave some foil hanging over the edge so that you can lift the granola bars out easily when they are set up.
- In a large bowl combine the Rice Krispies, oats, and chopped nuts.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the peanut butter, honey, and brown sugar. Stir together well.
- Place in the microwave and heat for 1 minute on high. Stir together well after removing from microwave until smooth and creamy.
- Place back in the microwave and heat for 30 more seconds. Remove from microwave and stir in vanilla.
- Pour over the cereal mixture in the other bowl and stir together well. Be sure all of the dry ingredients are coated well.
- Place mixture into prepared pan covered in foil. Spread evenly in pan. Sometimes it works best to press down with the back of a wooden spoon or use your fingers.
- Let cool for about 30-45 minutes or stick in the fridge until set up well.
- Remove from foil and slice into any size bars you want. We cut them into longer lengths, but you could cut them into squares.
- Pack them up for lunches or for a fun day at the park or the beach.
items used in making no bake peanut butter granola bars
- Mixing Bowl Set – We love this set that comes with air tight lids for each bowl.
- 7 x 11 Inch Baking Dish – This is a great pan that works with these granola bars.
- Wooden Spoon – This wooden spoon is great for stirring and gets into those corners.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert, and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
check out more of our granola recipes
- No Bake Oat Granola Bars
- Almond Butter Granola
- Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- Honey Granola
- Toasted Coconut Berry Granola
Adapted from Kraft
Have you seen our YouTube channel?
Watch how easy it is to make our Almond Butter Granola.