I am a huge salmon lover. I have always had a deep passion for it, because it is so easy to cook, doesn’t require a ton of time or preparation, is healthy, and most importantly, tastes delicious.
I wasn’t always a salmon lover thought. It turns out, I was cooking it wrong, and cooking all the wrong things with it. I thought it was disgusting.
It wasn’t until I found the hidden salmon secrets that make this recipe delicious, that I enjoyed eating salmon again.
how to pick salmon:
Here are some simple steps to picking salmon at the store:
-Avoid Salmon that shows any sign of browning. This is where bad flavor and texture are going to come in. That also means too much air has gotten to it, and it hasn’t been properly stored. Avoid this Salmon.
Go for pink or red salmon.
-Find a King Salmon. They have the most flavor to them, and they can even have a more orange hue to them. You will love these a lot more. Less fishy, and more delicious tasting.
-If shopping for fish in the freezer section, find fish that are almost completely covered in ice crystals to ensure that it has properly kept in it’s moisture and flavor.
have you heard about our restaurant copycat cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook,Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
Thiscookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
have a sweet tooth? We have just the cure. Watch how to make our favorite dessert, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We created it just for you. We wanted to show you how simple and delicious our recipes are.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. We answer all your questions, and help you get the recipe, perfect, each and every time you make it.
If you are looking for more simple and delicious recipes, head over to our channel and check them out.
We love baking, and one of our favorite things to bake is our, Mom’s Famous Marshmallow Brownies.
Watch how to make our Mom’s Famous Marshmallow Brownies, here:
Join the Six Sisters’ Menu Plan and receive a weekly menu plan and detailed shopping list sent straight to your inbox every week!
Well, starting on Jan 2nd (because I had all the left overs on Jan 1st) I have started to try and eat better.
I usually do good through the year except on holidays, and this December we had a lot of parties and junk food.
It is REALLY hard for me to pass of delicious stuff. Ha Ha. I’m excited to get back on the band wagon. This Brown Sugar Honey Salmon is one of my new favorite ways to eat salmon.
Hope you like it as much as my family and I do. Even my picky eaters liked this one.
looking for more salmon recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
Brown Sugar Honey Salmon Recipe
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- ½ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 pound salmon fillets
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk together the brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, pineapple juice, mustard, olive oil, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Cover the baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place salmon skin side down on cookie sheet lined with foil.
- Brush marinade on salmon.
- Sprinkle with a little bit of extra brown sugar so it will caramelize.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until salmon easily flakes with fork.
- Drizzle with extra honey before serving.
- Avoid Salmon that shows any sign of browning. This is where bad flavor and texture are going to come in. That also means too much air has gotten to it, and it hasn’t been properly stored. Avoid this Salmon. Go for pink or red salmon.
- Large Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Pastry Brush