Baked doughnuts are really so easy to make and taste delicious! No frying involved, so that means they are a little bit healthier! Right? These are loaded with fresh blueberries and topped off with a yummy blueberry glaze.
Baked Blueberry Doughnuts Recipe
- 2 cups flour (I used cake flour)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla greek yogurt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon butter melted
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries
- ¾ cup blueberries
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Spray doughnut pans with non stick cooking spray.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate small bowl whisk together the buttermilk, yogurt, beaten eggs, vanilla and melted butter. Then add this to the large mixing bowl with the flour mixture and stir just until blended.
- Gently fold in the blueberries
- Spoon the batter into the prepared doughnut pans. Fill about 3/4 full. This should make 12 doughnuts.
- Bake for 14 - 15 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 3 minutes then move to wire rack for cooling
- After they are completely cooled you can make the glaze.
- Put the blueberries, powdered sugar and lemon juice in a food processor and blend until smooth. Then I transferred it to a small mixing bowl and added the melted butter and a little more powdered sugar and mixed with a hand mixer to thicken it up and give the icing a creamier texture.
- Frost each doughnut with the blueberry glaze when doughnuts are cooled Enjoy!
- Doughnut pan