I love, love, love to go out to dinner . . . however, our budget doesn’t always allow it. I love finding restaurant recipes that I can make for a fraction of a price and have them taste just as good! We found this recipe a couple of weeks ago and have made it a three times already! It’s super simple to throw together and the dressing is delicious. So, save your money and make this restaurant-quality meal for your family tonight!
related article: if you love this copycat applebee’s oriental chicken salad, Then you’ll want to try our Loaded Broccoli Salad!
Serves: 4 people
Applebee's Knock-off Oriental Chicken Salad Recipe
It’s super simple to throw together and the dressing is delicious.
- 6 Tablespoons honey
- 3 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 pieces Crispy Chicken Strips or leftover grilled chicken
- 4 cups bagged salad with assorted lettuces, cabbage, and vegetables
- 2 cups Bagged broccoli slaw
- 1 Tablespoon sliced almonds
- ¼ cup fried won ton strips (optional- we opted to not use them)
- ¼ cup mandarin orange sliced drained well
- Blend together all ingredients in a small bowl with a whisk or mixer. Refrigerate while you work on the salad.
- Bake the chicken strips according to the package directions (if you bought frozen ones) or reheat grilled chicken. Cut up the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix together a large handful of the lettuce salad and the broccoli slaw. Top with cut up chicken, almonds, wontons and mandarin slices. Drizzle the dressing on top. Serve immediately.
Calories: 260 kcal · Carbohydrates: 43 g · Protein: 5 g · Fat: 9 g · Saturated Fat: 1 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 6 mg · Sodium: 350 mg · Potassium: 337 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 28 g · Vitamin A: 859 IU · Vitamin C: 66 mg · Calcium: 56 mg · Iron: 2 mg
Recipe Source: Mommy? I’m Hungry