I’m not a picky eater. I actually love ALL kinds of food. I always make my family rate something after I make it because I usually like things that I cook. My girls think it is a fun game to play. As these cupcakes were cooking, my 6 year old came into the kitchen and announced that she bet those were going to be a 5 (5 is the highest). After I made the topping she took a bite and said that she was wrong. These are a 6! I must say I also voted them a 6. They are AMAZING!
Want more Apple recipes? Try our Slab Apple Pie, perfect for feeding a crowd!
Apple Pie Cupcakes Recipe
- 21 ounces Lucky Leaf Apple Pie Filling 1 can
- ground cinnamon
- 8 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 12.4 ounces refrigerated cinnamon rolls 1 can
- cool whip
- caramel topping
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly spray 8 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Open your cinnamon roll dough and spread them out on your counter.
- Flatten your dough so it is thin and it will be able to fill the majority of one of the muffin tin holes.
- Next, fill your dough with pie filling.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon on top of the apple filling.
- Add a Tablespoon of brown sugar on top of the cinnamon.
- Last, add a few walnuts on top of the brown sugar of each one.
- Cook in the oven at 400 degrees for 8 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- When they are done cooking take them out and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Top with Cool Whip, more walnuts, and caramel sauce.
- Serve while warm.
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Muffin Tin