All of our husbands are gearing up for the Super Bowl. They’ve watched all the playoff games (and highlights), read and re-read all the predictions, and watching pre-game everything. The six of us girls, on the other hand, have been looking forward to the Super Bowl for another reason: the FOOD. I don’t really care who wins, and by how much, but I do care about what delicious food will be served. It’s all about manly finger foods during the Super Bowl, and these Caribbean Jerk Chicken Wings are the perfect candidate. They are sure to be a touchdown for your taste buds! 😉
- ½ cup Caribbean Jerk marinade
- 2 pounds of chicken wings
- 1 cup honey barbecue sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- In an airtight container or ziploc bag, shake together marinade and chicken wings until wings are entirely coated.
- Let the wings marinate in the refridgerator for at least 2 hours.
- (I start marinating mine in the morning, until I cook the chicken that night).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combing barbecue sauce, brown sugar, mustard and ginger.
- Set aside.
- Place chicken sings on the baking sheet, evenly spaced.
- Cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove the chicken wings from the oven.
- Turn them over (I used tongs), and baste them with the barbecue sauce mixture.
- Return to the oven, and continue to cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven once more, turn them, baste them, and return to oven for 7-8 more minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center.
Recipe adapted from: Taste of Home
Join us in our kitchens as we walk through our favorite recipes, step-by-step!
Click here to watch and subscribe!