Oreo Cookie Truffles

Whenever we have these at a family gathering, they are seriously gobbled up in a matter of minutes! They are super easy to make, but taste like you spent hours preparing them.
Ingredients:
1 (16 oz) package of Oreo cookies, divided
1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
1 package of almond bark (or baking chocolate, whatever you prefer), melted
  1. Crush 9 of the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor; reserve for later use. (Cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.) Crush remaining 36 cookies to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese; mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter. Put balls in fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
  2. Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.) Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
  3. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.

How to How to Easily Dip Truffles:

• Place truffle ball in melted chocolate to coat; roll if necessary. Lift truffle from chocolate using 2 forks (this will allow excess chocolate to run off) before placing on wax paper.
**Random Side Note: About once a year, the stars align and all 6 of us sisters have the chance to be together! Right now sister #2 is here in Utah visiting from Missouri, sister #3 is flying in from California, and sister #4 is driving for an hour to come home from college for a little bit. We are so excited to have a couple of days to be together! So while we are enjoying our short time together, we have same amazing people who have agreed to be Guest Contributors to our blog! They have come up with some great stuff and we are so excited to share it with you! Watch for their fun ideas and recipes in the next couple of days . . . and we will be back by the end of the week!

Tip  Junkie handmade projects

• Ddeciel says:

I precisely neeedd to thank you so much yet again. I am not sure the things that I could possibly have made to happen without the entire advice shown by you regarding such industry. Completely was a real terrifying situation for me, nevertheless discovering a specialized tactic you processed it took me to cry over delight. Extremely grateful for your support and thus hope that you really know what a great job you happen to be undertaking teaching the rest all through your webpage. I’m certain you’ve never met any of us.

1. cami says:

HOLY MOLY! How I wish I could just sample those in the picture. I can’t wait to make these for a sweet snack! Delish!!!
    I’m a new follower and can’t wait to look around with what you girls have come up with!
    xoxo, cami

2. Ahlam says:

This is going to sound like a stupid question, but what type of cream cheese do I use, there is so much out there on the market know. Is it just the normal cream cheese spread in the jar LOL!

• Cyd says:

We use the cream cheese that comes in the 8 ounce package. It’s found by the spreadable cream cheese in the jar. Comes in an 8 ounce block. Hope this helps.

3. Emily says:

I made these for a friend’s baby shower, and they were a HUGE success! Everyone loved them, and requested I make more in the future!

4. Linda says:

I tried these one time and dah. I only used the cookie instead of the whole thing (meaning with iceing to). Needless to say they weren’t that great but now I know what happen. Ha ha Will try again….

5. Mariah Clark says:

I am making this for a group of elementary girls I teach on sundays at church. I CAN’T WAIT to make them tonight. But, I don’t want 3rd and 4th graders high on sugar! :) How many should I give one girl? At least how many truffles are in a serving??

So excited for these!

• Cyd says:

This recipe makes about 36 Oreo Truffles. We love these and I think 3 or 4 would be plenty. But I’m sure they’ll keep eating them as long as you keep offering!