I always go through phases when it comes to vegetables. One of my new favorites is asparagus. I just can’t get enough of it! I was playing around with some chicken and wanted to fill it with something good. I mixed a few things together and came up with this asparagus stuffed chicken. It was a huge hit with everyone in my family!
Bacon and Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- ½ packet dry Italian seasoning mix
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts flattened
- ½ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 8 bacon slices cooked and crumbled
- 8 asparagus spears cooked, trimmed, and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and line a 9x13 inch baking dish with foil; set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together cheese, cream cheese, bacon, and asparagus.
- Slice chicken breasts in half but don't cut it completely through. You will want it still connected on one end.
- Put some of your mixture into each sliced chicken breast.
- After you have filled each chicken breast, place them in your pan. Spoon on your cream of mushroom soup on top of each one until the can is gone.
- Top with bread crumbs and Italian Seasoning.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until you chicken is cooked through.
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
- Small Mixing Bowl