My husband really doesn’t love coconut, but he tried a bite of these and raved about how good they were. Don’t let the rum extract scare you- it gives them such a delicious flavor (but if you choose to leave it out, these cookies are still delicious)!
Tropical Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup brown sugar firmly packed
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon rum flavored extract (or you could substitute vanilla extract)
- 2 eggs
- 11 ounces chocolate chips 1 package
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- ½ cup chopped nuts optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine brown sugar, white sugar, softened butter, and extract and beat until creamy. Add eggs and beat until incorporated. Add flour, salt, and baking soda and mix until all combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips, coconut, and nuts. Roll into 1" balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes (don't over bake!) and remove immediately from cookie sheet and place on wire rack to cool once pulled out of the oven.
- Don’t let the rum extract scare you- it gives them such a delicious flavor (but if you choose to leave it out, these cookies are still delicious)!
- Mixing Bowl
- Cookie Sheet