I ran out of salsa verde when making some delicious Mexican food, so I decided to venture out and make it myself. I was always nervous to make my own, because tomatillos have a weird husk on them, and I just assumed it would be hard to get off! Turns out, the husk is pretty much just like an overgrown leaf, and this was one of the EASIEST salsa recipes I have ever made! We had enough to put in our shredded beef, and to eat as an appetizer! 🙂
Tomatillo Salsa Verde Recipe
- 10 tomatillos husked
- ½ cup sweet onion diced
- 2 Serrano chili peppers diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- In a saucepan, throw all ingredients into a sauce pan.
- Bring it to a boil, then let it simmer for about 10 minutes (just until the tomatillos are tender).
- Slowly, blend ingredients together in a food processor or blender.
- You can serve it hot or let it cool in the fridge before serving.