What other fruit could I put in this?
The thing I love about this recipe, is how versatile it is. I can literally put in any fruit I have on hand, and it still tastes amazing.
If you don’t like any of these fruit options, you could easily switch them out for something else, or use the ingredients you have.
Here are a few more fruit options that would taste delicious with this:
- lemon zest
You could also take out the chocolate if you don’t want extra sugar, or use sugar free or dark chocolate.
Watch how to make another delicious breakfast dish, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
Watch how to make our Scrambled Egg Breakfast Muffins’ here (these are also a great recipe to meal prep):
Looking for more breakfast recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring
- Strawberry Banana Crepes
- Easy Blackberry and Cream Cheese Danish
- 15 Minute Apple Cinnamon Rolls
- Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole
Strawberry Chocolate Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest grated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- ⅓ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoons butter melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 banana ripe, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°F and generously spray the inside of a 11x7 inch baking dish with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet (in case of boil over).
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, sugar, baking powder, orange zest, cinnamon, salt, half the strawberries and half the chocolate. (Save the other half of strawberries and chocolate for the top of the oatmeal).
- In another large bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the oat mixture to prepared baking dish. Arrange the remaining strawberries and chocolate on top. Add the banana slices to the top then pour the milk mixture over everything. Gently shimmy/shake the baking dish to help the milk mixture go throughout the oats.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until the top is nicely golden brown and the milk mixture has set. For an extra tasty top, sprinkle a tablespoon or so of extra brown sugar on top then place back in the oven under the broiler and broil for 20-30 seconds. Serve warm with an extra sprinkle of sugar or drizzle of maple syrup.
- Baking Dish
- Mixing Bowl
Check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!