To be honest, I have a serious addiction to Taco Bell. I know, I know, it sounds horrible – but it is my go-to on busy nights.
In an effort to try and make more food at home, I replicated one of my favorite things they have on their menu. It’s super easy to throw together, and quickly is becoming a family favorite.
My husband is also a huge steak lover, and loves these Steak Taco Bowls. Its also one of the only recipes my kids will eat these days, so this recipe is a total mom and wife win.
They are so delicious with all the fresh ingredients, and the fresh steak. You will love this simple spin, on a copycat recipe, from Taco Bell.
what other meat would be good in this burrito bowl?
I am a huge steak fan. I went through a phase when I was pregnant where it did not agree with me, but now that I am out of that phase, it is all I want.
I love a deliciously marinated steak.
For this recipe, you could easily switch out the steak for really any meat. However, this recipe is delicious with just about any meat. I prefer it with steak, but here are a few other of my favorites:
- grilled chicken
- shredded chicken
- ground beef
- ground turkey
- ground chicken
- pulled pork
We also recommend seasoning or marinating your meat. To season you could use taco seasoning, or fajita seasoning.
sneak in more vegetables:
I also love this recipe, because it’s a quick and easy way to add more vegetables without any kids noticing.
These bowls are so delicious and full of flavor that the kids (or husband) won’t notice all the extra greens. Here are a few vegetables I recommend adding:
- bell peppers
- carrot shreds
- banana peppers
Cut them up small enough, and they will never know.
watch how to make our Steak Burrito bowl recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
looking for more copycat recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
- Copycat PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Copycat Hug Hes Chicken Pasta Salad
- Copycat PF Chang’s Mongolian Beef
- Healthier Orange Julius Copycat
- Copycat Pineapple Lumpia
Steak Burrito Bowl recipe
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups white rice cooked
- 4 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 cups pico de gallo
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 lime
- Slice steak into 1/4 inch strips.
- In a resealable gallon-size ziploc bag, combine steak, garlic, soy sauce, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, and lime juice.
- Marinade in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour (it tastes better the longer it marinates).
- Remove steak from the marinade and pan fry over medium heat until it is cooked all the way through.
- In four bowls, evenly distribute the cooked steak, rice, romaine lettuce, pico de gallo, black beans, guacamole, and shredded cheese.
- Top with cilantro and lime juice.